Tuesday, July 1, 2014

"The Second Post"

Am I a "digital native"? 
As for me... I am cheating because I am writing this after having read the article for today ;) But I will just repeat the statement from my last post: I am a semi-well-adjusted digital immigrant. I am curious about technology and happy to learn about it when I have the time to do so.

As for in my classroom... I try my best to force my students to use technology that I think they will need in the future. I do this in a low risk environment with lots of practice time, but in the end - they need to "Just do it!"

Websites to share
Here are some websites I'd like to share with you all. I promise to keep them interesting and bizarre.

Bellydance One of my all time favorite bellydance performances: Mia Shauri (about 4 mins.)


TED Talks I love this TED Talk about "How to start a movement" and I've used in class many times (about 5 mins.)


Cool Commercial This is a cool commercial I saw recently for McDonald's for The World Cup (2 mins.)


The Blue Eyed Experiment I haven't watched this video yet, but I want to, so I am putting it here. It's about how racism is "constructed" and not innate. It's supposed to be very moving (like the "Pretty Baby, Ugly Baby" video that Dr. Bogad showed us in class yesterday.) (15 mins.)


My Favorite Song "Incondicional" This is my favorite song (and has been for a few years now.) The type of music is called bachata (which is Dominican) and this singer is Dominican. His name is Prince Royce. He looks waaay to young for me, but he is so hunky! **sigh, moment of dreamy silence** Enjoy :) (about 3:30 mins.)

No comments:

Post a Comment